Margaret Hind Memorial Award Winner 2017
23rd Oct 17
Environmental Health Australia is proud to announce that the recipient of the 2017 Margaret Hind Memorial Award is
Steve became a member of the Institute of Health Surveyors in 1959. Steve's achievements include:
- More than 40 years experience in local government health and food surveillance activities
- Developed and implemented the food safety strategy for all Olympic venues around the Sydney region for the Sydney 2000 Olympic games
- Food safety consultant for the 2004 Athens Olympic games
- Food safety consultant for the 2006 Asian Games Doha Qatar
- Food safety consultant for the 2008 Beijing Olympic games
- Advisor to the International Olympic Committee and London 2012 Olympic organising committee
- Developed local food hygiene codes which were adopted by local government Australia wide.
His involvement in EHA (NSW) INC was recognised at the 33rd EHA National Conference in Sydney in 2006 where he was appointed as Fellow.