2017 NATIONAL MARGARET HIND MEMORIAL AWARD
The Margaret Hind Memorial Award is for
Outstanding commitment to the Environmental Health Industry showing integrity, work ethic and achievement
This is a special award category in which EHA hold in the highest prestige. Margaret Hind passed away in January 2015 during her employment with EHA as Executive Officer of NSW, QLD and TAS associations. Margaret had an incredible impact on the industry during her 10 years service to EHA.
Recipients of this award must have a strong work ethic, integrity, transparency, honesty and high achievement for the promotion and enhancement of the environmental health industry though the peak professional organisation EHA.
The winner of the 2017 Margaret Hind Memorial Award is Steve Holroyd.
Steve became a member of the Institute of Health Surveyors in 1959. Steve's achievements include:
- More than 40 years experience in local government health and food surveillance activities
- Developed and implemented the food safety strategy for all Olympic venues around the Sydney region for the Sydney 2000 Olympic games
- Food safety consultant for the 2004 Athens Olympic games
- Food safety consultant for the 2006 Asian Games Doha Qatar
- Food safety consultant for the 2008 Beijing Olympic games
- Advisor to the International Olympic Committee and London 2012 Olympic organising committee
- Developed local food hygiene codes which were adopted by local government Australia wide.
His involvement in EHA (NSW) INC was recognised at the 33rd EHA National Conference in Sydney in 2006 where he was appointed as Fellow.